· These bills remove parental rights for all New York parents
· If a child has a drug or vaccine reaction, the parents won't know what is happening or how to help
· These bills apply to ALL children - there is NO age limit
· A child's has a limited capacity to understand pharmaceutical drug and vaccine risks and identify side effects they may experience
· Unknown vaccine administrators don't know the child's medical history, vaccine contraindications, allergies, and past vaccine reactions
· Children unknowingly are giving up their legal rights when asking for a vaccine because Federal law (PL 99-660) removes liability from vaccine manufacturers and doctors for injuries and deaths caused by vaccines
· The HPV vaccine, which this bill would include, has already been associated with thousands of reactions and dozens of deaths
· The open ended language allows for any future vaccines for STDS to be given without parental knowledge or consent - coming soon and already in the research pipeline are vaccines for Syphilis, gonorrhea and HIV
Oppose A0778 which legally forces the controversial and sometimes dangerous vaccine for the sexually transmitted virus Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) on 6th grade New York schoolchildren
· New York's vaccine exemption laws are inadequate and don't allow a parent to refuse this vaccine if they don't want it for their child
· Safety issues: thousands of young girls have experienced serious vaccine reactions
· Not Necessary: Less than 1% of all cancer deaths are from cervical cancer, cervical cancer is preventable by regular screenings, and 90% of women who contract HPV clear the virus on their own
· Efficacy Questions: While shown effective in preventing genital warts in adults, clinical trials were conducted on fewer than 2,000 girls aged 9 to 15 years old and the studies were far too short to show that the vaccine even prevents the HPV transforming into cancer
· Cost Issues: This is one of the most expensive on the market ($360 for 3 doses not including administration fees) costing taxpayers millions of dollars for the Medicaid reimbursements to fulfill the requirements of this mandate
Please Act NOW: The Codes Committee vote on S4779 is this Tuesday February 9th. Let your New York State lawmakers know these bills are unacceptable!
Vaccinations should be the parents decision, not the states!