5.20.2010

Bummis Easy Fit Review

I was given the opportunity by Bummis to try the Easy Fit diaper when it was first released. We've been using this diaper for quite a few weeks now and I have to say, we love it! Cloth diapering, as you know, is important to me. I love being able to try all different cloth diapers so I can spread the word and get more babies into cloth (check out The Cloth Diaper Revolution on Facebook, and the blog).

Now, velcro like closures are hard for us sometimes because it just so happens that Eli likes being naked and if his diaper is velcro then he will take it off. The velcro on the Easy Fit is pretty sturdy and it's one of the diapers that little E has a harder time taking off, so that's a plus!

Fit: This diaper comes in two sizes, the one size which fits 8-35lbs, and the Tini Fit which fits 5-12lbs (perfect for a preemie). We of course got the one size and the fit is great. We are on the middle rise setting and the velcro closures make the waist super adjustable for a perfect fit.

Ease of use: The Easy Fit has an attached liner made of rayon from bamboo. There is a pocket so you can fold the liner in to create 6 layers of absorbency and add extra inserts if needed for heavy wetters or night time use. Because the liner is sewn in there are really no extra steps other than folding it down before putting it on your baby. I generally do this after washing and drying so the diaper is ready to go when I need it.

Performance: The liner is made from bamboo and gives you 6 layers of absorbency. I find bamboo to be one of the most absorbent fabrics, and this diaper certainly proves that. I have been able to test the Easy Fit over night and during the day and I have not once ever had a leak, even when I forgot to put in an extra insert for night. 

Value: I checked pricing at several different online shops. I saw it listed from $18.95 to $27. Now, I think $27 is a bit much, $18.95 is more like the right price, and the diaper is well worth that amount. $18.95 is the average amount for an all in one or pocket diaper. Any amount is still better than paying $20/week in disposables, but I would certainly shop around online for the proper pricing.


Check the Bummis website for retailers near you!
"Like" Bummis on Facebook!

Disclaimer: I did not receive payment in any form for this review.
I did receive a sample of the product or service for testing and review purposes. This will in no way sway my opinion of the product or service.The review is in my own words and is my own opinion. Your results and opinion may differ.
Jessica

2 comments:

Megan said...

Thanks for the review! I was wondering if you could tell me where you found the one size for $18.95. I know that's the price of the tiny fit...but I looked on line and had a hard time finding it cheaper than $23.95. Thanks!
Megan
www.megbeebaby.com

Jessica Lyn. said...

You kno, I could have sworn I saw an Easy Fit for 18.95 but now looking at all the places you're right, it's just the Tini Fit.
In all truthfulness I would still pay $23.95 for the diaper, but I would probably just get one or two rather than a whole stash.

#navbar { height: 0px; visibility: hidden; display: none; }