1.27.2010

Preston's Pants Review


If you cloth diaper than you can understand my obsession with different kinds of diapers. If you don't cloth diaper, well, you should try it out! Not only will it save you tons of money but cloth diapers are so stinkin' adorable. I was so excited when I came across Preston's Pants.

Preston's Pants is a work at home mom (WAHM) business. I love supporting WAHM's, your money is going to a small business, and all WAHM products are made with such love, Preston's Pants included! The craftsmanship of these diapers is exceptional.


I was given the opportunity to try out two diapers, a one-size diaper with a PUL outer (I chose the 'Alien and Spaceships' diaper), and a fleece 'breathable' diaper in medium (I chose the yellow with stripes inside).

Fit: The first diaper I tried out was the one-size PUL. Elijah is almost 7 months old and about 22lbs. I had the diaper on the middle setting for a perfect fit. There are 4 snap settings on each side for the waist and legs, and there is a wing droop snap which I loved! There are overlapping snaps for smaller babies. With all one-size diapers this might be a bit large for a newborn, but  it will certainly fit well into toddlerhood! Elijah will probably have a lot of time left on the middle snap setting.
The breathable diaper has all the same features as the one-size, except for the rise snaps. The medium was a perfect fit for Elijah.


Performance: These diapers are amazing! When I took the one size diaper off Elijah I actually touched the fleece inner to see if it was wet or not. It was completely dry and so was Elijah's bum! The microfiber insert, on the other hand, is very absorbent. The fleece that's next to baby's skin is also super soft. I'm pretty sure Elijah loves soft, dry diapers next to his skin!
We tested out the medium breathable diaper at nap time, so he ended up wearing it for a total of 3 hours (1 hour to lay down with him and nurse and cuddle, and amazingly a 2 hour nap, those are rare around here). Again, totally dry next to baby's skin, and totally dry on the outside. These diapers perform wonderfully! I just placed an order for 4 custom diapers and I am so excited for them to get here!



Ease of use: If you are used to snap diapers then these are a piece of cake. I always pre-stuff all my diapers and have them ready to go. If you aren't used to snaps then it will be a little trickier at first, but it gets easy! I love snaps, all of my hook & loop diapers end up in a big diaper chain in the wash.

Value: A perfect size solid PUL diaper starts at $18.95, one-size solid PUL is $20.95, breathable fleece sized diapers are $21 and minky diapers start at $23.95. These prices are consistent with similar style diapers on the market. The value is great because you are getting a beautifully made diaper that is produced in the U.S by a work at home mom. The one sized diapers will last you until potty training, and the more diapers you buy, the more you save. You can check out the coupon page for codes!

Preston's Pants has a wonderful custom diaper ordering system. There are so many options to choose from. Breathable fleece, minky, cotton prints, PUL, half and half, and wool covers. You can turn any custom diaper into a one-size for just $2 extra. You can choose from a large selection of fabric colors, snap colors, and you can add embroidery! I got two embroidered diapers in the 4 that I just ordered, I'll take pictures of Elijah wearing it when it comes in!



Visit Preston's Pants!


Disclaimer: I did not receive payment in any form for this review.
I did receive a sample of the product or service for testing and review purposes. This will in no way sway my opinion of the product or service. The review is in my own words and is my own opinion. Your results and opinion may differ.
 

No comments:

#navbar { height: 0px; visibility: hidden; display: none; }