2.25.2011

My Kid Did That: Cat in Heat Edition

After finally settling into our apartment these past few months, I decided that we could get one of the cats from Elijah's dad's house so Eli would have a cat (since he loves cats, that's one word he says constantly) to play with, and I'd have a cat to cuddle with when Eli sleeps overnight at his dads 3 nights a week. What I didn't realize when we picked up Thufir, was that she hadn't been fixed yet. Visions of a cat peeing all over the house immediately sprung through my head.

Luckily there has been no peeing. Thufir is, however, constantly in heat. It seems that way anyway, she's been in heat for the past 5 days or so. For some reason Eli is all over the poor cat while she's in heat. I'm talking rolling over, laying on, I even caught him trying to stand on her today. Luckily I caught him in time and we avoided that situation. The other day we were sitting in the living room playing and good ol' Thufir comes in the living room and starts trying to love on the carpet, meowing, with her butt up in the air and her parts all exposed. Eli took this opportunity to put his finger in Thufir's hoo-ha because it was just THERE. Yup, my kid did that. You can rest assured that Eli got a bath immediately following this incident, and that Thufir will be getting fixed as soon as she's out of heat.
Jessica

No comments:

#navbar { height: 0px; visibility: hidden; display: none; }