4.29.2009

Oh come on already!

Seriously, swine flu. They are treating it as a pandemic but it is nowhere near those numbers yet. it's only scary if you let it be scary. When you hear bird flu now do you worry? It's along the same lines of that! I never got bird flu and I never worried about it, and I am not worried about this swine flu. Yes, people have died, one toddler died in Texas but he was a citizen of Mexico. We don't know why people are dying in Mexico, surely there is something else going on there that is not going on here. So, they have had 150 deaths so far. Did you know that every year in the U.S 36,000 people die from the regular strain of influenza? 3,500 of those people live in Texas. Honestly I think they are making such an uproar about this to scare people, they will be coming up with a vaccination just for the swine flu and everyone will be so scared that they are going to run out and get vaccinated. More people died from the vaccination in the 70's than from the actual flu.
While I agree that you should probably not go to Mexico right now, I think everyone will be fine if you take the precautions that you should be taking anyway. Make sure you wash your hands! Wash them before you eat, after you use the bathroom, just wash them all the time! Don't hang out with sick people and if you notice a fever coming on or any symptoms of a flu then go get treated! I had the regular flu when I was about 8 weeks pregnant, fever and all, and my baby and me are still alive and doing just fine.

Baby shower e-vites are being sent out sometime today I think! Our shower is only 3 weeks away! Totally not a traditional baby shower and it's going to be fun! I can't wait for veggie fajitas.

No comments:

#navbar { height: 0px; visibility: hidden; display: none; }