4.22.2009

The past few days I have been thinking that I was going to feel that shitty for 10 more weeks. I won't be surprised if it comes back, since it's normal (ugh, seriously!?) but today I actually feel pretty OK. I am just going to take it easy and not do anything to strenuous.
I called my midwife yesterday because I just couldn't deal with the pain and I wanted to hear from her if it was normal. She told me it was as long as I was peeing normally, didn't have a fever, no contractions, and my face and hands are not swelling, which I have none of the above. She told me I could have possibly pulled something in my lower abdomen and that could be contributing to the pain, along with the stretching. As for the babe's painful fetal movements? Well that's normal too! It's not constant, and not excruciating pain, it's more like "ooooh stop doing that!", the kind where you hold your breath for a second. Along with all this fun stuff my lower back has of course been hurting. None of this pain compares to anything I have felt in any other trimester. Seriously, I thought it was bad when my feet or legs hurt a couple months ago, that was nothing!
So, I pretty much spent all day beinbg very careful about how I moved or got up and sat down. I used my support belt a couple times, and I managed to get a decent nights sleep and now I feel a bit better, but I am not going to exert myself too much because I want that painful stuff to stay far, far away.
I beleieve I finally experienced Braxton Hicks contractions last night. Our birthing instructor told us last week that they say they aren't painful, but that's just not true for everyone, they are painful or uncomfortable for some people. For me it was a little bit painful, but it didn't last long at all. My stomach got extremely hard, I made Jason feel it, it was totally weird.
I am starting to get nervous about things that are out of my control. The policy at the birthing center is that I have 24 hours to get into active labor after my water breaks. This is a good amount of time, and I am sure that I will be in active labor within 24 hours, hell, I may even be in labor before my water breaks, but it's still scary. They have to have that policy in place in order to have a good relationship with the hospitals they do transfers to, most birth centers have to have some kind of policy like this. Luckily it's just active labor and I don't have to have the baby within 24 hours, some people have that as a policy.
The other thing that freaks me out is that according to Texas law if I got past the 42 week mark the midwives are no longer allowed to care for me and I have to go to the hospital. I am sure I will go into labor before 42 weeks (I sure hope so! Most women do anyway) but still, just another rule. Ugh!
Ok, I should go do stuff, maybe ChaCha, I have been slacking on that lately and I need to make some money!

No comments:

#navbar { height: 0px; visibility: hidden; display: none; }