6.22.2009

11 days left

I have spent more time sleeping today than I have spent awake. I'm not joking. I woke up at the early hour of 6:30/7:00am. I went to bed at a fairly normal time, I don't know why I woke up so early. Got out of bed, ate some breakfast, fed the cats, watched the news. Finally I started getting tired again and went back to bed at around 10:30am. Woke up at around 1:30pm. We went to the grocery store to pick up a few things, came home and then I was suddenly tired again. Went to sleep at around 2:30pm and woke up at 4:30pm. This has been going on all day long, and I finally just woke up from an hour or two long nap not too long ago. I know it's not my iron levels, I have been taking an iron supplement, I am just tired.
Besides being tired today has been pretty unbearable. I am cranky. I am not having contractions but my stomach is super tight, there's just a lot of pressure in there. It makes it really difficult to do things such as sit comfortable, bend over, move. Of course I have been short of breath today, it hasn't been as bad as I have had it before, it's just there and really annoying. My pubic area was really sore for the first part of the day. Maybe the baby has gone even lower into my pelvis, it sure as hell felt like it. It just made it really difficult to walk, and of course move. I just haven't been able to move today.
I'm just exhausted and over this right now. I really want this baby to come. I know it's still early yet, and that I could go past my due date, but I sure as hell hope not. My midwife totally jinxed me by telling me she didn't think I would make it to my due date. Well here I am, 11 days away, and all signs of labor have seemed to cease and now I just feel really cranky, way too pregnant and uncomfortable, and stressed out. Not only do I want to meet my baby, not share my body anymore, and be able to breathe (along with other things like move or bend over), I want to schedule that surgery and get all that over with. Seriously. The longer this all goes on the more frazzled I get. I guess it's a good thing that my main focus is just not being pregnant anymore, but that is really, really stressing me out.
Here is a really good piece of advice that I can give to anyone who is pregnant: don't let anyone tell you that you are going to have your baby early. Not your doctor or midwife, and not your friends. I know we don't have control over what people say, but seriously, don't listen to them. Not only did my midwife tell me I would have the baby early, but I have had numerous friends tell me that they just know I am going to go early. Of course their guesses were not based on anything, merely guesses, but it will really get your hopes up if you listen to them and let that infiltrate your brain. Just convince yourself that you are going to have the baby late, that way you aren't disappointed, and you don't find yourself over analyzing every little tightening of your uterus, twinge, pain, or movement. Just trust me. This has been the longest two weeks of my life. LONGEST.
Unfortunately I will probably make it to my appointment on Wednesday, which means we will schedule my 40 week appointment for next week. I am pretty much doing all the natural methods that I can: 2 cups of RRL tea a day, evening primrose oil orally twice a day, every few days to a week I do the black and blue cohosh. Nipple stimulation, I had a contraction or two from that but man it's a lot of work.
The waiting game sucks. I need to try to keep myself busy somehow so I don't think about it (yeah right, even if I was super busy I would still think about it!)

1 comment:

TheGirl said...

i just remind myself that i am due in september. really i think of having the baby like 2 weeks after my due date so i don't get my hopes up. good advice.

#navbar { height: 0px; visibility: hidden; display: none; }